Layla, my goofy Labrador-Spaniel mix is trembling as she circles our in-ground swimming pool. Her eyes will not leave the water even if I call her name. This has become her morning ritual since we moved into this house 2 months ago.
At 10 o’clock each morning the pool pump comes on and that means there will be bubbles happening soon. For some reason unknown to me, Layla has decided to try to bite those bubbles and let them know who is boss. Her real dilemma is that the bubbles happen in three different spots at the same time.
So she circles the pool hoping to be near one of the spots when the pump produces the bubbles in the water. It is like watching my dog play musical chairs! She bites at one eruption of bubbles and runs to the next spot and back again over and over until they stop. Maybe she believes that she is the one who stopped them and considers herself the winner of the game.
The bubble game becomes my problem on the days when 10 o’clock arrives and we are not outside yet. Layla whines and her whole body becomes tense with anticipation when she hears the pump begin to rumble. She runs from window to window and then back to the back door until I let her outside. It took me several mornings to understand what her problem was. I thought she just had to pee really badly!
A bubble machine for dogs would be an excellent invention, don’t you think? The Pet Supply Company has hundreds of pet toys to buy online. To order dog toys online, the best place to begin your search is at The Pet Supply Company; so let’s see what we can find to entertain our doggies. Besides playing musical chairs with the swimming pool, that is.
• Do you and your pup love camo? The Pet Supply Company has several ultra durable camo themed (Americas Vetdog Camo – Buy it here) chew toys and squeakers in a variety of sizes for small to large dogs.
• Latex dog toys are popular with many small and toy breed dogs for something a bit unusual come see this sort of creepy bare foot for them to munch. (Click here to see it.)
• The Bottle Buddy is a clever way to allow your dog to have fun with that crazy crunching sound that happens when a plastic water bottle is squeezed between their jaws. The plush toys fit over your own empty water bottles, or on hot days you may want to leave the bottles full of water as long as your pet is outside for his crunch time!
• Roopers Dogs is a hilarious dog toy that has so much charm you will love seeing your dog walk by with this goofy guy in her clutches. They are sculptured rope characters that are great pieces of art for your pup to gnaw on. You’ve got to click on over and check these little guys out right now!
• The perfect gift for Shark Week! The Amphibious Shark Fin Dog Toy is designed to throw in the water for your dog to fetch it and bring it back to you. It is a self-righting, high floating shark fin that will not scare humans unless they think that sharks come in all sorts of bright colors.
I did not find a bubble machine for dogs online, but The Pet Supply Company does offer a special bottle of Kookamunga Catnip Bubbles for your kitty cat’s jumping pleasure! Who knew such a thing existed? Now we all do! Come by The Pet Supply Company today and see many more crazy and fun pet toys to order online!